Want to learn to surf in Gisborne?
Gisborne has some of the best surfing beaches in New Zealand. Our team of experienced coaches have excellent local knowledge to keep you safe and ensure you have a great surfing experience!
We offer surf lessons to all ages and abilities. Our lessons include the surfboard & wetsuit. In these two hour lessons we introduce safety, etiquette, surfboard positioning, standing up & wave riding techniques.
Our aim is to get you out there on a wave and have some fun!
Intermediate/ Advanced Surf Lessons
Our surf lessons don't just cover beginners. We are the only Surfboard manufacturer in Gisborne providing surf lessons, we back up our surf school with an all in one surf shop and expert advice from our shapers. We offer great rates on surfboard & wet suit hire, and sell second hand boards.
All of our intermediate and advanced lessons include;
• Correct board selection
• Ocean knowledge, awareness of rips & tides
• Wave reading & wave selection
• Duck diving
• Positioning in the wave to catch the best part of the wave
• Correct technique for generating speed & setting up for your first manoeuvre.
• Comp tips ( Advanced lessons)
• All intermediate and advanced lessons finish with an option to discuss the best board suited to your ability, with one of the shapers at the newwave factory.
Group lesson 2 hours $60 per person
Private surf lesson $95
New Wave Grom club (kids under 13yrs) $40 per person*
Surfboard/ Wetsuit Hire
Day surfboard hire $40
½ day surfboard hire $30
Day wetsuit hire $20
½ day wetsuit hire $15
* ask about discounted rates for long term rentals*